- Moving & storage companies employ 122,600 people annually
- Moving companies are small businesses – 47.8% of firms have less than 5 employees
- Roughly 70% of revenue comes from moving, 20% from storage and 7% from packing services
- The most common reason people move: larger, better home (30%)
- 12% of Americans move each year, most within the same state
These numbers are all from 2008 or 2009 and with the dynamic changes happening in our economy, it will be interesting to see the new numbers for 2010. If you’re interested in the full list of stats, visit AMSA’s page “About Our Industry.”
I’ve heard before that the US is one of the moving-est countries in the world. Stronger Moving & Delivery Service is proud to be part of such an important industry and strives to always work with the utmost of care and professionalism.